For teeth as white
as you want them to be
Do you dream of a whiter, cleaner smile? A simple, quick and cost-effective treatment can give you the results you have been longing for. Throw away those whitening toothpastes that don’t work. It’s time to get your teeth whitened by the professionals.
Hear from our Customers
Earlier this year, in March 2018 I went to Kam at Gentle Dental Care, very very much in pain. I had to have two back teeth extracted. I opted for sedation when having the teeth taken out. I chose to have these replaced with Implants once the extraction had healed. During this time I also had a crown put on another tooth. As a very nervous patient, I can honestly say from start to finish the whole process has been a breeze. I attended 5 visits in total and was sedated twice, once for the extraction and once for the initial implant procedure. Kam definitely lives up to his name of the most gentle dentist in Croydon and I can tell how much he cares about his patients and doing the very best for them. The whole team at the surgery are lovely, put me at ease and reassured me every step of the way. It has been painless in every sense of the word. A couple of weeks ago, I went for the last process of having the implant crowns fitted and they look amazing and I could not be happier. 😃 Thank you so much Kam and all your team. Pauline Lee
I loved my entire experience with Gentle Dental Care! The staff are all so friendly and accommodating and always willing to help wherever they can! I’m also super happy with my results! I highly recommend Dr Avi and the team!
I am a VERY nervous patient due to bad experiences at dentists in the past. All the staff have been so friendly, helpful and reassuring, putting me at ease. I will have no problem returning for regular checkups as my confidence has been reinstalled. Thank you so much!!!
This dental practice has had a transformation since I visited a year ago for my regular check up and hygiene. The practice environment has had remodelling done making it look sleek and welcoming. Dr Anhaar continues to be the dentist there and as is always the case, her attention to detail is meticulous. I have had varied courses of treatments that started with a crown and a root canal to regular hygiene visits, and now my family and I continue to receive the care from her team. Hope you go from strength to strength and thank you for looking after our teeth.
Great dentist, very professional and helpful. Dr Avi and various employees always make my experience here very pleasant.
A big thank you to all at Gentle Dental for the work and support they provided over the last 12 months. Kam, Shivani, Daniela, Nina all were great to deal with.
Really kind and friendly dentist, highly recommend!
All West Wickham Dental Practice staff from receptionist to dentist are very polite, professional and friendly. They are very caring and always make sure to provide you with the high quality dental work. Outstanding service! Highly recommended.
I visited to have two teeth extractions a few weeks ago and was so frightened. I saw Dr Shivani and she was very calming and extremely professional at all times, I can honestly say one of the best practitioners in oral health I've been seen by. I would highly recommend this Dental surgery to anyone wanting highly professional, PAIN FREE - excellent experience. Thank you so much x Leigh Shilton.
I do not write reviews for the sake of it! But I've got to say that I received more info on dental care in that one half hour sitting, than at any other time in my life. The dentist was so passionate about her advice on preventative care; and a very holistic approach. The staff and general environment were very welcoming and comfortable throughout. The actual treatment was also of a high standard. Thanks guys!
How can we whiten your teeth?
We will check to ensure your mouth is healthy and to confirm teeth whitening is the best treatment for you. We will discuss the options and any pros and cons of each.
Teeth whitening is very simple. You need professional dental bleach to touch the surface of the tooth and time for it to work.
- A digital scan is taken, and custom bleaching trays are made. These trays are very important as the seal has to be very good. If there are spaces where saliva can get underneath and into the tray it will neutralize the bleach which means the teeth whitening won’t work. It can be difficult getting good impressions using conventional techniques and there are many problems associated with them. With new digital scanning the accuracy is excellent which means you get the very best bleaching trays with the best seal. We can take you from an A4 to a B1 shade and will discuss the options with you in depth.
- Photos are taken to assess the starting colour of your teeth.
- The bleaching trays are fitted and checked to ensure they are a perfect fit.
- You will be whitening your teeth at home and we will give clear instructions on how to load up the bleach in the trays.
- Every day your teeth will gradually get whiter and whiter.
- Once you are happy you can stop. As the process is gradual, you are in control of how white you want your teeth to be. Typically, it will take two weeks to whiten your teeth.
We offer teeth whitening services for a gentle lift in colour or a more dramatic result.
Is teeth whitening right for you?
You may choose to have your teeth whitened if you:
- Are conscious about the colour of your teeth
- Are a smoker or ex-smoker
- Want a younger smile
- Have dark/yellow teeth or stained teeth
- Drink a lot of tea/coffee/red wine
The whole teeth whitening process is extremely safe and does not damage your teeth at all. There are just a couple of things you should bear in mind:
- Sensitivity is the biggest side effect. Your teeth may be sensitive during the teeth whitening process and it goes away as soon as you stop. We will give you tools to minimise this as much as possible.
- The bleach will whiten your teeth nicely, but it won’t whiten your crowns, veneers, bridges or fillings. Therefore, it may be necessary to change them after the teeth whitening process is complete.
We will discuss this with you at your appointment, so there is nothing to worry about.
Is there anything else you can do for cleaner teeth?
You may need a hygiene appointment if you have surface stains on your teeth. This can be a very quick way in which we can improve the colour of your teeth. In addition, if there are calculus deposits, this can neutralise the bleach very quickly which means your teeth will not whiten, so it’s important we remove them first.
Some people may also be interested in straightening their teeth. Teeth whitening is included in our teeth straightening services.
Contact the team at Gentle Dental Care to discuss teeth whitening further. We can help you improve your smile and feel confident in your appearance, with cosmetic dentistry to suit everyone. Book in for a consultation and let’s see how we can be of assistance.
Gentle Dental Care – it is who we are, and what we do