Rediscover your confidence
and smile with new dentures
A dental denture is an appliance which is worn to replace lost or missing teeth to enable you to enjoy a healthy diet and smile with confidence. It can be secured into place utilising the existing teeth or by covering your palate to get a suction effect. Dentures can help give you your smile and confidence back, reducing facial muscle sagging, supporting cheeks and lips, and giving you a full set of teeth that you want the world to see.
How are dentures made?
A complete or full denture is one that replaces all the natural teeth in either the upper or lower jaw.
A partial denture fills in the spaces created by lost or missing teeth and is attached to your natural teeth with metal clasps or devices called precision attachments.
The base of a denture is called a plate and can be made of either acrylic (plastic) or metal. The teeth are normally made of acrylic and can be made to match your natural teeth. This is especially important in the case of partial dentures.
The benefits of dentures
These are the benefits you can enjoy with dentures:
- Long lasting. Dentures that are well looked after can last for up to 10 years, making them a long-term tooth replacement option.
- Cost-effective alternative. Dentures are often a more cost-effective option, costing less at the outset than other tooth replacement methods.
- Hygienic. Dentures are fully removable, so you can take them out to clean them, brush your teeth and maintain good oral hygiene.
- Reduced facial sagging. Tooth loss can cause sagging skin and muscles. Dentures provide support for the cheeks and lips to reduce this.
- Better quality of life. Missing teeth can reduce your ability to eat and speak. A full set of dentures helps overcome this.
Hear from our Customers
Dentures for nervous patients
Dentures can be a good option for nervous patients as they don’t require invasive treatment. We will do everything in our power to make you feel comfortable and calm, including offering the option of IV or oral sedation if this is what you would like. We are experts in gentle dentistry and promise your treatment won’t hurt.
More permanent tooth replacement options
Dentures are a popular choice amongst patients, but there are other, more permanent options that might also suit you. Dental implants offer you an excellent option for replacing missing teeth permanently. Crowns and bridges might be used to restore teeth that are heavily chipped, damaged or filled.
Contact the team at Gentle Dental Care to discuss dentures further. We can help you improve your smile and feel confident in your appearance, with flexible appointments to suit everyone. Book in for a consultation and let’s see how we can be of assistance.
Gentle Dental Care – it is who we are, and what we do