If you aren’t completely happy with your smile, it’s quite common to feel a little self-conscious – especially when you are around new people. If your smile causes you to feel a little unsure, affecting your confidence in important situations such as trying to make a good impression when meeting a potential employer, or even when meeting new people, it could be worth exploring ways cosmetic dentistry can not only change your smile, but also help to improve your life.
A lot of people may consider cosmetic dentistry as a purely aesthetic centric field of practice, but many don’t realise that improving your smile can also bring about a number of other important benefits.
Even if you aren’t fully aware of it on a daily basis crooked, stained or missing teeth probably do affect you in one way or another. There are likely a number of times when you have felt embarrassed to show your smile or cover your mouth when laughing. By visiting a cosmetic dentist to discuss making some improvements to your smile, you and your dentist can work at removing your insecurities and feel proud of your smile. When you feel confident in your own skin and smile, you can also feel more confident in other aspects of your life.
If cosmetic dentistry can help you to feel better about yourself and more confident in general, it can help to improve your life to some extent. This could be winning over a potential employer, making a new friend, finding a new partner, or just feeling confident enough to flaunt your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Croydon
At Gentle Dental Care, we provide a wide range of cosmetic dentistry treatments to help you to improve your smile:
- Invisalign clear braces – Invisalign is an extremely popular method of fixing crooked or gapped teeth. Rather than wires and brackets, Invisalign uses clear, plastic aligners than can be removed when eating. Whilst working like traditional braces to help realign your teeth, Invisalign clear aligners are virtually invisible, so there is no need to feel self-conscious about having treatment. A straighter smile can usually be achieved in between 9 and 18 months. Click here for more information on Invisalign.
- Inman aligner – The Inman aligner is a great way of straightening the front teeth quickly and predictably. In most cases, crowded or protruding anterior teeth can be realigned in as little as 6 weeks, with most treatments taking no longer than 16 weeks.
- Six Month Smiles – If you are looking to achieve straighter teeth in a short period of time, Six Month Smiles could be the ideal treatment for you. Using discreet, tooth-coloured braces, this form of orthodontic treatment usually takes between 4 and 9 months, with the average treatment length being 6 months.
- Gum contouring – If you feel that your smile is very gummy and your teeth seem too short, gum contouring can help you to achieve a gum shape that is neater and more in proportion with your teeth.
- Teeth whitening – At Gentle Dental Care, we use the Enlighten tooth whitening system, which is guaranteed to leave you with a sparkling white smile at the end of your treatment. Over time our teeth become stained by drinking certain beverages and indulging in bad habits like smoking. Teeth whitening helps to bring our teeth back to their natural colour.
- Dental veneers – Dental veneers can have a wide range of benefits. Veneers are a porcelain facing that is then bonded onto the front teeth, just as a false finger nail would be bonded to a finger nail. Veneers can help to improve the colour, shape and position of front teeth, for a much improved smile.
To find out more about how cosmetic dentistry could benefit you, call Gentle Dental Care today on 020 8108 7262 to book an appointment at one of our Croydon Dental Practices.